Steak with portobello mushrooms and pepper sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 750g kumara, peeled, cut in large pieces
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 3/4 cup trim milk
- 4 x 125g beef fillet steaks
- oil spray
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 1 cup salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 120g bag (8 cups) fresh baby spinach
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook kumara in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add parmesan, spread and milk then mash until smooth.
2 Place a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is heated, spray steaks with oil. Add steaks to grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3 Spray mushrooms with oil and add to hot grill pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and tender. Slice mushrooms then transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
4 Return grill pan to heat. Combine stock, cornflour, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add to hot pan and stir until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has thickened. Pour into a jug.
5 Steam spinach for 1 minute or until just wilted. Spoon mash onto serving plates. Top with steak, mushroom slices and spinach then drizzle with sauce and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, cornflour and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free.