Steak with tomato sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 x 150g sirloin or scotch fillet steaks
- 4 medium baked potatoes, to serve
- 6 cups steamed vegetables of your choice, to serve
- Tomato sauce
- olive oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Brush a large, non-stick frying pan or chargrill with half the oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add steaks to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
2 To make the tomato sauce, spray a small saucepan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until soft.
3 Add tomatoes and chilli. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir through parsley. Serve with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free canned tomatoes.