Sumac fish parcels
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
4 x 30x30cm baking paper squares
400g pack Birds Eye Steamfresh Plus Pearl Couscous with Chick Peas
zest and juice of 1 orange
1/3 cup golden sultanasgolden raisinsX
2 spring onions, sliced
4 x 150g fish fillets
1 teaspoon sumac
4 cups broccolini or broccoli florets
250g punnet cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
Total fat 30g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook couscous in microwave according to packet directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine couscous, orange zest and juice, sultanas and spring onions. On an oven tray, place baking paper squares. Divide couscous mixture among squares and place fish on top.
- Sprinkle sumac over and add 1/4 cup water to each parcel. Fold over baking paper to enclose filling. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Five minutes before the fish is ready, spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Panfry broccolini and tomatoes until tender. Toss through tahini and oil.
- Serve fish parcels garnished with almonds and vegetables on the side.
Swordfish and snapper work well.
Sumac is found in the spice aisle at supermarkets. It has a tangy citrus flavour.