Sumac lamb with corn and chickpea salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- olive oil cooking spray
- ChickpeaGarbanzoX salad
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 125g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve*
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Sprinkle both sides of lamb with sumac. Spray lamb with oil.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3 Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
4 To make Chickpea salad, place corn and the remaining ingredients except yoghurt in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve lamb with chickpea salad and yoghurt.