Tasty meatball bake
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 16.00 / $ 4.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- 3 parsnips, cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 medium red onions, halved
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- oil spray
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place potatoes and parsnips in a pan of boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, to prepare meatballs, place breadcrumbs in a bowl with mince. Finely chop half an onion and add to bowl with egg and half the mint. Mix together until well blended. Shape into 12 small meatballs.
3 Drain potatoes and parsnips. Spray a large ovenproof dish with some oil and add meatballs with potatoes, parsnips and the remaining onion halves, cut in wedges. Spray with oil. Cook for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
4 Add tomatoes for the final 5 minutes cooking. Serve meatballs and veges sprinkled with the remaining fresh mint.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Make sure potatoes and parsnips are cut in even-sized chunks so they cook in the same amount of time.
- It is important to have a large ovenproof dish so that veges can cook and brown evenly, too.