Tasty mince balls
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 8.00 / $ 2.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light evaporated milk
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grated vegetables (such as courgettes, carrots, mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mild English mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2 In a large bowl beat egg then add evaporated milk and beat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Use a fork to make sure rice is evenly distributed.
3 Shape heaped tablespoons of the mixture into falafel-sized balls and place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes until brown. Serve with pita bread and homemade pasta sauce, and pack in the lunchbox with a chiller pad.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
- Matching snacks: Fresh fruit + low-fat yoghurt.