Tasty mince with kumara mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 golden kumara, peeled, cut in chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 4 tablespoons trim milk
- oil spray
- 500g lean beef or lamb minceground beefX
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped large carrot
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 cup no-added-salt liquid beef stock
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place kumara and potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, to make filling, spray a non-stick pan with some oil and heat. Cook mince until evenly browned. Add onion and carrot and cook until softened.
3 Add pesto and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and cook for 5 minutes.
4 Drain kumara and potato and mash together with milk.
5 Spoon mince into a large ovenproof pie dish or individual dishes. Top with mash to cover evenly. Cook for 15 minutes to lightly brown mash.