Tasty vege curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste*
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 420g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 250g green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 400g low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)*
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
2 Add lentils, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3 Just before serving, stir in two-thirds of the coriander. Serve curry over rice, topped with yoghurt (if using) and remaining coriander.