Teriyaki beef salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 200g sirloin or rump steaks
- 1 cup snow peas
- olive oil spray
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 To make marinade, combine soy, mirin and ginger. Place steaks in a shallow non-metallic container. Pour over half the mixture and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Blanch snow peas in boiling water until bright green and crisp. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
3 Preheat a chargrill or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Cook beef for 2–3 minutes each side then remove from heat. Cover with foil and rest for 3 minutes.
4 In a large bowl, toss together snow peas, cucumber, cabbage and coriander. Thinly slice steak. Add to salad with reserved soy mixture and toss. Serve.