Thai-flavoured potato bake
Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins , plus 30 mins standing
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1.25kg potatoes such as agria, scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, cut thinly
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, for garnish (if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Place potatoes in a pot of cold lightly, salted water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender. Drain. Set aside.
2 Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Cook until softened. Add paste and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3 Arrange one-third of potato slices in prepared dish with one-third of onion, lime leaves and coriander. Repeat the layers with remaining potato, onion and lime leaves.
4 Place coconut-flavoured milk and stock in a pan and heat through. Pour over potatoes and leave for at least 30 minutes before baking.
5 Spray potato bake with oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with extra coriander.
Serve potato bake with white fish and steamed Asian greens.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and stock are gluten free.