Tomato, sausage and minted pea risotto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Italian-style low-fat sausages, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 500g frozen minted peas
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh mint
- 8 cups salad with a little vinaigrette
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 In a saucepan, heat 4 cups water, stock powder and tomatoes. Keep at a simmer.
2 Spray a separate, large heavy-based saucepan with oil. Add onion, garlic and sausages. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes or until onion has softened. Add rice, oregano then wine. Stir to combine.
3 Add a ladle of hot stock mixture to rice mixture. Stir through and cook over a medium heat until liquid is almost absorbed. Add another ladle of stock and continue this way until rice mixture is creamy and rice is cooked but still a little firm (add more liquid if needed).
4 Add peas. Continue cooking over a low heat for a few more minutes. Stir parmesan through then top risotto with fresh mint and freshly ground black pepper before serving with salad.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Ingredient : Garlic - fresh, Herbs - dried, lightly dried, Mint, Oil, oil spray, Onions - brown, white, Parmesan cheese, Peas, Rice, Salad - mixed, Sausages, sausage meat, sausage mince, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Stock, Tomatoes - canned, Vinaigrette, Wine