Warm satay chicken salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Satay sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- small pinch chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 400g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil such as canola or sunflower
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 medium carrots, cut in rings
- 2 cups sliced green beans or frozen baby beans
- 2 medium new potatoes, cut in small wedges, steamed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 To make sauce, fry garlic in oil for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2 In a frying pan cook chicken in oil and set aside. Steam cabbage, carrots and beans until lightly cooked. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
3 Assemble salad in a large flat serving platter or 4 individual wide bowls. Arrange cabbage, carrots and beans on the bottom. Add potatoes and then chicken. Pour sauce over, top with spring onions then serve.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Beans, Cabbage, Carrots, Chicken, Coconut essence, Garlic - crushed, minced, purée, paste, Lemon juice, Oil, oil spray, Peanut butter, Potatoes, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Soy sauce, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Spring onions, green onions, Stock, Sugars, Sweet chilli sauce
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and stock.