COVER FEATURE: 20+ delicious recipes • Tame your sweet tooth • Low-carb decoded • 9 essential nutrients: How to tell if you’re getting enough • Chicken, pumpkin and ricotta lasagne • Ways to stretch your food budget further • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- Should you go low carb? The benefits and drawbacks of low-carb diets.
- Can you eat well on a low income? Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant explores the realities of trying to eat healthily when there’s scant money coming in.
- Secrets to stop sugar cravings: Simple strategies to tame your sweet tooth.
- Essential nutrition – do you have the numbers? Work out which nutrients you need more of and how to get them.
- Footcare for diabetics: How to keep your feet healthy.
- 8 Food hacks: Cooking tips for outstanding results.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant explains why we should back off from the booze.
- Shopping savvy: A legal look at nutrition claims, Niki’s lunch of the month, book review.
- How much … is in that? Calcium in your groceries.
- Smart swaps: To lower costs.
- How to choose: Hot drinks.
- Portion distortion: How big is your plate?
This month’s recipes
- In season: Rosemary and spinach and a new gardening feature: The lost plot.
- 5pm panic: Fast family meals for the rush hour.
- Terrific turmeric: Savoury or sweet, this spice is a treat.
- It’s on the table: Tasty weeknight meals for two.
- Comfort food: Delicious creamy, winter meals, with a healthy twist.
- Makeover: Saucy chocolate pudding.
- Single serve: Soy ginger chicken with winter slaw.
- #HFG Kids: Fruit nigiri.
- Muffin break: Savoury snacks – full of flavour, full of veges.
… and more!