COVER FEATURE: Is it you or your hormones? • Telltale signs that you’re dehydrated • Vegetarian and gluten-free Christmas ideas • The trap of non-alcoholic drinks • Best lunch: pie or sushi? • How much salt in that dressing? • and much more… (Price includes postage and packaging, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- It’s not me, it’s my hormones! Hormones get blamed for many ailments, but how true is it? Dietitian Katrina Pace finds out.
- Water, the simple secret to feeling fresh: Experts have recommended eight glasses a day for years. Dietitian Brooke Longfield shows how to work out if you are hydrated.
- Kick-start your month: This month wraps up the final instalment of our 12-week Kick-strt plan. Check out another four weeks of our Kick-start menu planners (two are online).
- Food for thought: Editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant on how to boost your fibre intake.
- Shopping savvy: The rules governing ‘free range’ labelling, plus Niki’s lunch of the month.
- Everyday choices: How to choose a bought lunch
- How much… is in that? Sodium in Asian sauces
- Homemade vs bought: Suimin Tom Yum vs HFG‘s noodle soup.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Thai basil, Lebanese cucumber and radish
- 5pm panic: Quick and tasty meals for when you’re in a rush
- Vegetarian Christmas: Gluten and dairy-free lentil loaf and summer salad
- Roll up, roll up! Vietnamese fresh spring rolls full of veges
- Gluten-free entertaining: Ideas for a mouth-watering festive platter
- #HFG kids: Christmas treats to make and eat
- Sweet treats: Fruit Christmas tress, fruit wreaths and cinnamon and kumara truffles
… and more!