COVER FEATURE: 30+ nutrient dense recipes • Creative ways to use up turkey and ham • How to fire up a better barbie • 5 tips for stronger bones • Fun homemade ice blocks • Science update: Red meat and cancer • and much more…
(Price includes postage and packaging when sent to a NZ address)
- Get well, fast: Intermittent fasting for health and weight: Fasting diets have gone mainstream, but are they all they’re cracked up to be?
- Health check: How to have stronger bones: Osteopenia is a pre-condition for brittle bone disease osteoporosis. We investigate what can be done to stop it developing further.
- 2018 Healthy Food Guide Awards: Our pick of the healthiest, tastiest food products, as well as some of the more questionable health claims.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant on why detoxes don’t work
- Shopping savvy: The law around allergen labelling, Niki’s lunch of the month, and the book review…
- Everyday choices: Rice cakes or toast?
- Bought vs homemade: Kids’ hidden vege snacks
This month’s recipes
- In season: Watermelon, curry leaf and taro are in strong supply
- 5pm panic: Tasty meals on the table quickly
- Blitz and go breakfasts: Satisfying smoothies for when you’re in a hurry
- Fire up a healthier barbie: Fresh fish and delicious grilled veges are a taste sensation
- It’s on the table… Your plan for tasty weeknight meals for two
- Rev up your leftovers: Delicious recipes using leftover Christmas ham, turkey and roast vegetables
- Single serve: Spicy ginger pork for one
… and more!