COVER FEATURE: Love food, hate waste! Clever ways to use up everything • Food amnesia • Turn the tables on heart disease • Cold and flu: the food links • Fermented goodness • How science works: Sorting fact from hype • and much more… (Price includes postage and packaging, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Love your heart: Dietitian Kate Marsh explains how good eating, moving, managing stress and loving all help our heart to stay healthy.
- Waste less save more: We can all do a bit better at using up our food, says HFG editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant.
- Could you have food amnesia: It’s amazing how many morsels of food can pass our lips unnoticed each day!
- How science works: Healthy Food Guide editor Jenny de Montalk walks us through nutrition science and shows why we can trust it.
- Food for thought: Editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant on whether our food can help fight off winter bugs.
- Shopping savvy: An update on US food labelling; our smart staple is polenta; we demystify kombucha; Peter Gordon’s latest book reviewed; and Quick chicken laksa is Niki’s lunch of the month.
- How to choose: Hot cereals
- How to boost your: Iron
- How much… is in that? Energy in snack bars
- Shopping for: Foods with vitamin C
- This versus that: Olive oil vs coconut oil
This month’s recipes
- In season: baby spinach, ginger, walnuts and cabbage
- 5pm panic: Stress-less weekday meals
- HFG makeover: Chicken tikka masala
- Show some love for winter greens: Brussles sprouts, silver beet and fennel
- Fermented food: Make your own sauerkraut and kimchi
- Meat-free Monday: Plant-based deliciousness
- Kids in the kitchen: Yummy sausage rolls
… and more!