COVER FEATURE: How to have a happy gut • How to give your kids healthy eating habits • Juices and smoothies, how healthy are they? • Shopping advice: the best bliss balls & raw fruit bars • 5 delicious make your own low-sugar baked bean recipes • How to boost your protein • Healthy & tasty pies • and much more… (Price includes postage and packaging. For delivery overseas, please email email@example.com).
- What your gut bacteria can do for you: Dietitian Katrina Pace explains how our gut bacteria could be telling us far more about our general health than we realise.
- Is blended really better? What we find in juices and smoother varies greatly, say HFG nutritionist Claire Turnbull. We help you negotiate the traps and tricks around choosing the good ones.
- How to raise a healthy little eater! Author Wal Herring reckons we need to look at our own attitudes to food in order to teach our kids about healthy eating.
- Food for thought: Editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant speaks to an expert on eating out gluten free.
- Shopping savvy: Storage tips for veges and fruit, the go on flaxseeds and matcha tea, our book review, plus Niki’s lunch of the month
- How to choose: Fruit based snacks
- How to boost your: Protein
- How much… is in that? Sodium in pasta sauce
- Shopping for: Foods with less sugar
- This versus that: Breakfast-on-the-run drinks
This month’s recipes
- In season: Mushrooms, kumara, bananas and mint
- 5pm panic: Stress-less weekday meals
- Meat-free Monday: Baked beans your way
- Use your noodle: Niki Bezzant shares a great idea for DIY instant noodles
- HFG makeover: Cassoulet the HFG way
- Single serve: Meat and three veg never looked so appealing
- Prize pies: Who doesn’t love pies?
- Kids in the kitchen: Our classic banana split is a real blast from the past
- Sweet treats: Veges in baking offer plenty of surprises, and they’re all good!
… and more!