COVER FEATURE: How much sugar are you really eating? • Teeth, gums and your health • Budget friendly fish meals • Are sirtfoods the answer? • Recipe special: healthy Lebanese • Mother’s Day treats • The best toddler snacks • and much more… (Price includes postage and packaging. For delivery overseas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sugar, sugar: Where’s it hiding? We show you – meal by meal – how much sugar you might be eating.
- The Sirtfood diet: Nutritionist Amanda Ursell reports on the latest UK diet, which claims to help switch on weight-loss pathways through eating foods containing ‘sirtuin activators’.
- The HFG guide to oral hygiene: Issues with tooth decay, gum disease or sensitive teeth? See our feature on caring for your teeth and gums, the foods and drinks your teeth will love, and those best to avoid.
- Food for thought: Editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant makes a case for a tax on sugary drinks.
- Shopping savvy: Our smart staple is cheese, we try Medjool dates, plus there’s our book review and Niki’s lunch of the month.
- How to choose: Toddler snacks
- How to boost your: Iodine
- How much… is in that? Sugar in breakfast cereal
- Shopping for: Low-FODMAP foods
- This versus that: Crossaint vs bagel vs multigrain bread
This month’s recipes
- In season: Passionfruit and watercress
- 5pm panic: Stress-less weekday meals
- A perfect rose: For Mum with love
- Perfect pumpkin: Celebrate the change of seasons
- Focus on fish: Sarah Swain has hot tips for fresh fish at cool prices
- Lean Lebanese: Middle Eastern recipe faves
- Kids in the kitchen: A healthy bar for the lunchbox
… and more!