COVER FEATURE: Your metabolism and weight loss: how to burn more energy • Lunch box envy • Fat that loves you and why you should love it back • Allergy season – finding relief from hay fever • How many Kjs in your takeaway coffee? • Mouthwatering meat-free meals • and much more… (Price includes postage and packaging, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What can I do to boost my metabolism? Is a slow metabolism really behind weight gain, and what can you do about it? Dietitian Brooke Longfield finds out.
- The fats that love you back: HFG senior nutritionist Rose Carr looks at why fat is not the villain it once was. It’s just a matter of picking the right kind.
- Inside your body: The liver: Your liver is an efficient, multi-tasking organ and deserves to be treated with respect, writes HFG nutritionist Claire Turnbull.
- Food for thought: Editor-in-chief Niki Bezzant has tips to prevent pesky pollen attacks in Spring.
- Shopping savvy: The buzz on country of origin labelling on food packaging; Niki’s lunch of the month; the book review; and adding flavour without fat, sugar or salt.
- Everyday choices: Eggs benedict vs poached eggs and tomato
- How many… are in that? Kilojoules in your morning coffee
- Homemade vs bought: Maggi Spaghetti Bolognese recipe base vs HFG’s Freezer-friendly bolognaise sauce
This month’s recipes
- In season: Spring onions, chillies and avocadoes
- 5pm panic: Stress-less weekday meals
- HFG makeover: Baked cheesecake
- Work lunches: Three spiffing spring lunch box ideas
- If there’s an egg in the house… There’s a meal in the house (or five!)
- Delighting in veges: Building meals of plant based goodness
- Deluxe smoothie bowls: A beautiful and nutritious way to start the day
… and more!