Lemon chicken, leek and pumpkin bake
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Countdown Select Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 8 Waitoa Free Range Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2-3cm chunks
- 2 leeks, cut in thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped Palmers Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 packet Vitalveges Vitalimmunity Slaw
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large, shallow glass bowl combine oil, garlic, chilli flakes (if using), lemon juice and zest. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or longer if time allows.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken in a large baking dish with pumpkin and leek. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Divide bake among 4 plates, scatter with parsley and serve with slaw.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Palmers, Vitalvegetables and Waitoa.
Read more about this chef..