Pumpkin and kumara curry
- 500g pumpkin (about 1/3 crown pumpkin), skin removed and chopped
- 2 kumara, skin removed and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- oil spray
Total fat 1.9g
Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat. Add garlic and fresh ginger, fry for 3 minutes, then add spices and combine well into a paste.
- Add pumpkin and kumara, mix well, then add chopped tomatoes, water and half of the fresh coriander.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until pumpkin and kumara are tender.
- Take off the heat, add lemon juice and the rest of the coriander.
- Serve with naan bread and mint yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check canned tomatoes are gluten free, and serve with gluten-free naan and yoghurt (if using).
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..