Pumpkin and sausage pasta
- 500g packet pasta shapes (bows or penne)
- 1/2 (about 400g) butternut pumpkin
- 2 chorizo or frankfurters (or any smoked sausage from the deli)
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- spray olive oil
Total fat 10.9g
Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 7.7g
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the pumpkin into evenly sized chunks of about 5cm. Put the pumpkin pieces in a dish in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Chop the capsicum into 5cm chunks and slice the sausage into 5cm slices.
- Spray a large pan with a little oil and place over a high heat. Fry the onion, sausage and capsicum until soft and browned slightly. Add the pumpkin to the pan and toss.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan, and mix everything together. Serve in bowls with a green salad.
Make it vegetarian: Use soy sausages instead of meat ones. Bean Supreme have a selection of delicious vegetarian sausages - even the biggest carnivore is likely to enjoy them!
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..