Keep ’em keen bean salad
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 sticks celery, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 4-5 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Total fat 1.1g
Saturated fat 0.1g
Dietary fibre 11.5g
- Place beans in a salad bowl with tomatoes, celery, avocado, capsicum and parsley. Stir balsamic vinegar through salad.
- Leave to stand for half an hour or so for flavours to mingle.
You could add cold, cooked chicken, smoked chicken, ham or even tuna to the mix to make a more substantial meal, or serve as a side dish with barbecued meat.
Cate says: “I’ve been trying to include more legumes/beans in the family menu lately. After a few experiments, I made up this recipe. It’s delicious!”
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..