Vegetable stack ‘pie’
- 1 bunch silver beet
- 1/2 pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 4 tortillas
- 1 can chilli beans
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
Total fat 5.2g
Saturated fat 2.1g
Dietary fibre 6.4g
- Boil pumpkin until tender and then mash using milk, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Blanch silver beet in a frying pan and set aside (blanch with finely chopped garlic to add more flavour).
- Place a tortilla in the base of a deep oven dish and layer 1/3 of the chilli beans, mashed pumpkin and silver beet. Repeat this process until you place the last tortilla on top of the stack. Sprinkle grated cheese on top to finish.
- Cook under the grill for 15-20 minutes. Serve each piece with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
Judy says: "I discovered this recipe through a shared lunch at work and tweaked it a bit myself. It has become the staple at all family gatherings to satisfy my vegetarian son, and he always makes sure he takes some home with him – it is equally if not more enjoyable the day after."
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..