Nutty brown rice salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups brown rice
- 300g kumara, peeled, cut in 1cm cubes
- 80g snow pea shoots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, chopped
- 3 spring onions, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Total fat 10.1g
Saturated fat 1.5g
Dietary fibre 7.4g
1 Cook brown rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet instructions or until rice is tender (should take about 25-30 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
2 Arrange kumara in a large bamboo steaming basket. Place over a large saucepan of boiling water. Cover with a lid and steam for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat.
3 Add kumara and remaining ingredients to rice. Gently stir to combine and serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..