- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons shredded basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper
Total fat 4.7g
Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 3.5g
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and combine with red onion, basil leaves and red wine vinegar and set aside.
- Toast sourdough bread slices and rub with garlic cloves.
- Top sourdough with a spoonful of tomato mix and drizzle with a little olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
Freeze excess tomatoes for later use: rinse and dry thoroughly then place in plastic bags and suck out the air with a straw. When thawed, the skins will easily come off so they're perfect for use in cooking.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..