Dreamy creamy pasta with pesto
- 400g dried pasta (I used spaghetti or spaghettini – really skinny spaghetti)
- approx 1/2 can lite evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons good, well-flavoured pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Total fat 8.9g
Saturated fat 4.1g
Dietary fibre 4.7g
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the packet directions.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Add the lite evaporated milk then place the pan over a gentle heat while you fold through the pesto. Toss gently until the pasta is well mixed and the milk has become creamy. Season with salt and pepper as required and pile into bowls to eat immediately.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..