Scrambled eggs with salmon
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons trim milk
- 115-150g cooked salmon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 panini (I use Giannis as they have a good toasted colour)
- slices of lemon
Total fat 20.3g
Saturated fat 6.1g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
- Place capsicum in a small microwave-proof dish and cook on high for 30-40 seconds. Set to one side. Break salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- Beat eggs together with milk in a microwave-proof container. Heat on high for 1 minute, beat with a fork and cook for another 30 seconds. Beat again and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add diced capsicum and salmon. Mix together lightly. Cook for a final 30 seconds – the eggs should still look a little wet. Season with pepper and parsley. Leave to stand for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, heat panini for 20-30 seconds and slice. Place on a serving plate and top with scrambled eggs. Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.
Try making with smoked salmon, smoked chicken, spring onions and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper or paprika.
The secret is to have all your ingredients prepared before you begin cooking.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..