Light summer crumble
- cooking oil spray
- 4 peaches (about 150g each), stoned and quartered
- 1 chip strawberries, halved (quartered if large) (or use frozen berries)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons, finely chopped mint leaves
- Fresh 'n Fruity Lite Vanilla Dream yoghurt to serve
Total fat 4.9g
Saturated fat 0.4g
Dietary fibre 3.7g
1 Spray a 20x30x5cm baking dish (or any baking dish that fits the fruit in a single layer) with oil and place peaches and strawberries in the dish. Drizzle fruit with vanilla essence then sprinkle with sugar.
2 Place under a preheated grill for about 4-6 minutes, until fruit is coloured and syrup is bubbling. Sprinkle hazelnuts and mint over the top and serve with yoghurt.
3 This recipe will also work well with nectarines, plums and raspberries.
This light crumble is a great way to get kids to eat more fruit. If you like, grill fruit in individual dishes and serve topped with yoghurt.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..