Spiced butter bean patties with yoghurt dressing
- 1 quantity Herby onion and butter bean mix*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 3 tablespoons whole grain breadcrumbs
- flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 8 mini pita breads, warmed, to serve
- 1 large tomato
- mixed salad leaves
- *Herby onion and butter bean mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Put Herby onion and butter bean mix* into a pan with cumin and heat gently for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Tip into a bowl and roughly mash together with lemon zest and juice, courgette and breadcrumbs. Dust hands with flour, then shape mixture into 8 patties. Press lightly to flatten.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden. Turn patties, add remaining oil, then cook for a further 3-4 minutes until heated through and golden.
- Meanwhile, put yoghurt into a bowl with parsley and cucumber. Mix well. Spoon into pitas. Top with patties, sliced tomato and salad leaves.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Breadcrumbs, Butter beans, Courgettes, zucchini, Cucumber, Flour, Lemons, Oil, oil spray, Parsley, Pepper, peppercorns, Pita bread, Pumpkin seeds, pepitas, Red onions, Salad - greens, leaves, Salt, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Thyme, Tomatoes - fresh, Yoghurt
These patties can be made the day before.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..