Spiced butter bean patties with yoghurt dressing
Time to make: 20 mins , plus time to make Herby onion and butter bean mix*
Total cost: $ 11.28 / $ 2.82 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 quantity Herby onion and butter bean mix*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 3 tablespoons whole grain breadcrumbs
- flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 8 mini pita breads, warmed, to serve
- 1 large tomato
- mixed salad leaves
- *Herby onion and butter bean mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Put Herby onion and butter bean mix* into a pan with cumin and heat gently for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Tip into a bowl and roughly mash together with lemon zest and juice, courgette and breadcrumbs. Dust hands with flour, then shape mixture into 8 patties. Press lightly to flatten.
2 Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add patties and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden. Turn patties, add remaining oil, then cook for a further 3-4 minutes until heated through and golden.
3 Meanwhile, put yoghurt into a bowl with parsley and cucumber. Mix well. Spoon into pitas. Top with patties, sliced tomato and salad leaves.
*Herby onion and butter bean mix
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, pumpkin seeds and thyme. Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring, until onion is soft. Add butter beans. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
You can also use this mix as a base in these recipes:
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Breadcrumbs, Butter beans, Courgettes, zucchini, Cucumber, Flour, Lemons, Oil, oil spray, Parsley, Pepper, peppercorns, Pita bread, Pumpkin seeds, pepitas, Red onions, Salad - greens, leaves, Salt, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Thyme, Tomatoes - fresh, Yoghurt
These patties can be made the day before.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..