- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- hot water to mix
- fresh or dried fruit, lollies, sprinkles, silver balls or other appropriate decorations
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with patty cases.
- Use a cake mixer to beat sugar and eggs together, until pale and thick and trebled in volume.
- Combine flour, cranberries and mixed spice and vanilla. Fold this gently into the egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared patty cases and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and springy when gently pressed. Allow to cool then ice as below.
For Xmas gifts
- Pack sugar into a small ziplock bag, with a tag saying 'Step 1 Cream this sugar with 3 eggs.'
- Pack all other dry ingredients – flour, dried fruit, mixed spice – into another bag with a tag saying 'Step 2 Add this to the wet ingredients.'
- Pack icing sugar into another bag with a tag that has instructions for icing.
- Pack everything in a gift box or tin with tissue, a copy of the recipe and instructions, decorating items, and some cute paper patty cases.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..