Zingy prawn platter
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 small or 1/2 large iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 large chunk cucumber, peeled in thin strips (stop at the seeds)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups (about 200-300g) cooked large prawns, heads removed
- 1 large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cut skin from grapefruit then cut flesh in segments, collecting the juice in a large bowl as you go.
2 Cut lettuce outer leaves in strips. Mix with grapefruit, avocado and cucumber.
3 Place yoghurt in a separate bowl with chilli sauce, prawns and half the mint. Mix well. Arrange the remaining smaller lettuce leaves on a platter or individual plates. Spoon over grapefruit mixture then top with prawn mixture. Scatter over the remaining mint and serve.
Use oranges instead of grapefruit for a tangy variation.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
Halve the ingredients and serve as a classic prawn cocktail entreé.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..