HFG chocolate mousse
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2/3 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 70g dark chocolate
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 0.5g
- Place 1/3 cup evaporated milk in the fridge to chill well.
- In a small bowl or jug, dissolve gelatine in boiling water. Add coffee powder and stir until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk with sifted cocoa and sugar; stir well to ensure there are no lumps. Break chocolate into small even-sized squares and add to the bowl. Microwave on medium-high for a few minutes until chocolate has melted; stir until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and stir well. Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chilled evaporated milk from fridge and beat until thick peaks stand up by themselves. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture and then divide into six glass dishes or ramekins. Leave in fridge until completely cold and set before serving.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..