Gluten-free pasta pie
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g gluten-free penne pasta
- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce*
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese*
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- steamed broccoli and carrots or a salad, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 10.5g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5.5g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line the base of a 20cm springform pan with baking paper.
2 Cook pasta following packet directions until al dente. Drain.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
4 Combine pasta, mince mixture, half the mozzarella, egg whites and parsley in a bowl. Spoon into prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to press. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
5 Bake pie for 20 minutes or until mozzarella browns. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes. Cut in wedges and serve with vegetables.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..