Beef curry with avocado
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste*
- 250g diced beef
- 230g pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 avocado, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place curry paste and 2 tablespoons water in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute until bubbling. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes until brown. Add pumpkin, courgette and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
2 When curry is cooked, stir through lime juice and sugar.
3 Place 1/4 avocado on each plate, spoon over curry and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and green beans.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..