Beef curry with avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste*
- 250g diced beef
- 230g pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 avocado, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Place curry paste and 2 tablespoons water in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute until bubbling. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes until brown. Add pumpkin, courgette and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
2 When curry is cooked, stir through lime juice and sugar.
3 Place 1/4 avocado on each plate, spoon over curry and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and green beans.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..