Mexican bean and avocado wrap
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder (or use 2 teaspoons Mexican spice mix)
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 medium tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, roughly chopped
- green salad, to serve
Total fat 11.6g
Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 8.5g
- Place the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli powder or spice mix and cook for 1-2 minutes, until soft. Add the capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the beans, tomato paste and 1 cup water. Stir to combine, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until thick. Stir through the lime juice.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto the centre of a tortilla. Top with avocado, fold over the base and roll tightly. Serve with a green salad.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..