Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 70g pack hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Total fat 12.7g
Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 4.5g
1 Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the broccoli and beans, bring rapidly back to the boil, then simmer for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Drain, refresh in cold water, then tip into a warm serving dish.
2 Drizzle over the olive oil, orange zest and juice and scatter over the hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serve as part of this stunning three-course menu for six that will wow your guests and is ready in an hour!
Speedy chef countdown
Follow our countdown to guarantee you’ll have everything on the table in just one hour.
- 60 minutes to go… Preheat oven to 190°C. Make salmon dip. Prepare bread for baking and bake.
- 50 minutes to go… Make Frozen berry pots. Freeze.
- 40 minutes to go… Soak couscous. Prepare chicken for roasting. Remove bread from oven and set aside to cool.
- 30 minutes to go… Roast chicken. Chop veges for the entrée.
- 20 minutes to go… Put a pan of water on for the greens. Complete couscous recipe.
- 10 minutes to go… Cook greens, complete recipe and keep warm. Put entrée on the table. Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- 0 minutes to go… Pour yourself a well-deserved glass of wine. Dinner is served!
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..