Carrot and lentil patties with tzatziki
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- cooking oil spray
- salad greens, to serve
- 1 pot tzatziki or yoghurt dip, to serve
Total fat 9.6g
Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 11.3g
- Combine the lentils, carrot, parsley, spring onion, garlic and lemon rind. Use a potato masher to mash until they are combined. Add the egg and half the breadcrumbs. Stir until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties. Coat patties in the remaining breadcrumbs. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray patties all over with cooking oil. Add half the patties to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until brown and hot. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Place salad greens on serving plates. Top with patties and tzatziki and serve.
Replace carrot with 400g potatoes, cooked, and add a small can of salmon for fish cakes.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..