- cooking oil spray
- 250g packet wheat digestive biscuits
- 40g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 2 tablespoons apple purée
- 250g packet reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 400g plain low-fat unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- pulp and seeds of 3 passionfruit (or 3 tablespoons passionfruit pulp)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- fresh berries, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 0g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm springform pan with oil. Place biscuits in a food processor bowl and process until finely crushed. Add spread and apple purée and process until combined.
2 Press biscuit mixture in the base of prepared pan. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
3 Beat cream cheese until soft. Add egg and beat to combine. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating until combined. Stir in yoghurt, icing sugar and flour. Pour over prepared base.
4 Drizzle passionfruit pulp over yoghurt mixture. Use a skewer to swirl. Place pan on an oven tray and bake for about 1 hour, or until just set. Turn oven off and cool cake in oven with door slightly ajar. Dust with icing sugar and serve cheesecake topped with mixed fresh berries.
Traditional baked cheesecake (per serve)
Total energy 1700kJTotal fat 26g (16g saturated fat)
HFG baked cheesecake (per serve)
Total energy 870kJTotal fat 11g (4g saturated fat)
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..