Lemon pepper chicken pitas
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt lemon pepper seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 medium wholemeal pita breads
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- salad leaves
- Yoghurt dip
- low-fat natural yoghurt
- garlic, crushed
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Flatten until thin and even.
- Mix oil, seasoning and lemon juice together. Toss chicken in marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 3 minutes on both sides or until charred and cooked. Slice chicken pieces in slithers.
- Blend yoghurt dip ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut warm pita bread in half to make a pocket. Fill with chicken and salad leaves. Serve with extra salad on the side and a dollop of yoghurt dip.
If you have time, leave chicken to marinate for a few hours.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..