Vanilla-poached rhubarb and apple
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup clear apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g rhubarb, cut in 10cm lengths
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced in 8 pieces
Dietary fibre 2g
- Place sugar, juice and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rhubarb and apple and cook for 5 minutes or until fruit is just tender.
- Serve with low-fat natural or vanilla yoghurt, low-fat custard or ice cream.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..