Apple and blueberry strudel
- 3 Braeburn or Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- about 1 tablespoon trim milk
- icing sugar, to dust
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grate apples.
- Add chopped apricots, custard powder, cinnamon and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Add blueberries. Stir again.
- Lay filo pastry in a baking dish. Spread filling mix down one side. Carefully roll the strudel. Lightly brush the top of pastry with milk. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. If pastry begins to brown too fast, lower the heat a little.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar. Serve with yoghurt or reduced-fat ice cream.
Ali says: "I created this recipe for a dinner party one evening where many people commented on its 'delectability'. With the dish being so quick and easy to prepare, it has become a family favourite."
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..