Time to make: 10 mins , plus 4 hrs 30 mins marinating
Total cost: $ 15.40 / $ 3.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 lemons, juice
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt*
- olive oil spray, to grease
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Place in a non-metallic dish and brush with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Use a stick blender or food processor to blend the remaining ingredients except yoghurt. Blend to form a smooth paste.
3 Mix paste with yoghurt and use to coat chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place chicken on a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve.
Rice, yoghurt flavoured with garlic, sliced spring onions and a pinch of paprika
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..