Mexican-style chicken soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tortillas
- olive oil spray
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets (350g total), cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder (optional)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 390g can red kidney beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 avocado, diced
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut each tortilla in 16 wedges and place on tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden and crisp.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with oil. Place over a medium heat. Add chicken, onion and chilli powder (if using). Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until onion is golden.
3 Add tomatoes and water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Add beans and corn. Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve in bowls. Top with tortilla crisps and avocado.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..