Spiced apple compote
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored
- 1 lemon, rind and 1 tablespoon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add apple. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Serve hot.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..