Wild rice salad with cranberries and balsamic dressing
- 200g Sunrice Wild Blend Rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- handful parsley, chopped
- 50g toasted nuts such as almonds, pine nuts or pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Combine rice, apple, celery, cranberries, onion, parsley and nuts (if using).
2 Combine dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Fold dressing through salad and serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..