Curried chicken rice
- 3/4 cups brown rice
- 125g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cooked, diced
- 1/4 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Cook rice until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Mix yoghurt with curry powder and mango chutney. Add chicken, sultanas and salad vegetables to rice and mix well.
- Stir through curry sauce. Transfer to sealed containers. Chill until ready to eat.
- If you prefer, you can replace the corn with frozen peas.
- Vary the spiciness of this dish with different curry powders.
- Keep a specific container for strong-smelling foods like curry.
- This rice dish will keep for up to 3 days refrigerated in a sealed container.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..