Herby meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 slices whole grain bread, made into crumbs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 500g lean beef mince
- Tomato sauce
- 400g can diced, flavoured tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a pan with oil. Gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
2 Place in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and using your hands, mix well. Shape into balls and place in an oven dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
2 To make sauce, place all ingredients in a pot. Simmer for 20 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve meatballs with spaghetti and sauce on top.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..