Sweet kumara with mushrooms
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 kumara, scrubbed, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil or other oil
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- fresh basil, to garnish
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Prick kumara several times with a fork, then microwave each kumara on high for 8 minutes, turning once until tender.
2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mushrooms and herbs. Cook over a high heat until mushrooms are tender.
3 Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Heat through.
4 Place kumara in oven and roast for 15 minutes until skins start to crisp. Split open and spoon over mushroom and tomato topping. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve with a green salad.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..