- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g frozen Chinese vegetable stir-fry mix
- 275g long-grain rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 65g baby spinach
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add vegetable mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour stock over with 500ml water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, then simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chickpeas and spinach. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and leave to stand for 5 minutes until spinach and chickpeas are heated through.
- Season to taste. Separate and fluff rice with fork. Serve immediately.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..